Local Conservation Groups +
- Herefordshire Amphibian and Reptile Team
Herefordshire Amphibian and Reptile Team (HART) is dedicated to the conservation of amphibians and reptiles in Herefordshire.
Tel: 01531 636033.
- Herefordshire Barn Owl Group
The Herefordshire Barn Owl Group is a voluntary group working to increase the breeding populations of 3 species of raptor in Herefordshire. The Barn Owl, Little Owl and Kestrel have all suffered declines in recent years.
- Herefordshire Botanical Society
We delight in wild plants and welcome visitors to any meeting – no charge. We would be pleased if you decide to take out a membership, whether you are an absolute beginner, improver, or professor.
Tel: 01531 660 670
- Herefordshire Fungus Group
- Herefordshire Wildlife Trust
Herefordshire Wildlife Trust is the largest membership-based wildlife organisation in the county, dedicated to inspiring people about wildlife, acting as a wildlife champion, creating wildlife havens and encouraging sustainable living.
- Herefordshire Ornithological Club (HOC)
- Herefordshire Greenlinks
Greenlinks is a business community developing a vibrant local economy in the context of rising fuel and related costs, climate change and recession. Its members co-operate to support each other, improve environmental performance, share best practice and provide a joined-up picture of a sustainable local economy and community.
Elaine Brook. Tel: 0845 458 4718.
- Herefordshire Mammal Group
HMG (formerly HAM) is dedicated to the conservation of mammals in Herefordshire.
- Herefordshire Biological Records Centre
HBRC is a not-for-profit service which collects, collates, manages and disseminates information relating to wildlife, wildlife sites and habitats within Herefordshire.
Tel: 01432 260500
National Conservation Groups +
- Amateur Entomologists’ Society, PO Box 8774, London, SW7 5ZG. Tel: 0120 639 2505.
- Badger Trust, 2b Inworth Street, London, SW11 3EP Tel: 020 7 228 6444. Website: www.badger.org.uk
- Bat Conservation Trust, 15 Cloisters House, 8 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4BG. Tel: 020 7627 2629.
- British Dragonfly Society, British Dragonfly Society, 34 Church Lane, Checkley, Stoke-on-Trent, ST10 4NJ. Telephone no. – 01538 724130.
- British Trust for Ornithology, The Nunnery, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 2PU. Tel: 01842 750050.
- Froglife, Mansion House, 27-28 Market Place, Halesworth, Suffolk, IP19 8AY. Tel: 01986 874744.
- Landlife, National Wildflower Centre, Court Hey Park, Liverpool, Merseyside, L16 3NA. Tel: 0151 737 1819.
- Mammal Society, 15 Cloisters Business Centre, 8 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4BG. Tel: 020 7498 4358.
Web site: www.mammal.org.uk
- Plantlife, 14 Rollestone Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1DX
Tel: 01722 342730
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 2DL. Tel: 01767 680551.
- Soil Association, Bristol House, 40-56 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6BY. Tel: 0117 929 0661.
- Wildlife Trusts, The Kiln, Waterside, Mather Road, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 1WT. Tel: 01636 677711.
- Woodland Trust, Autumn Park, Dysart Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 6LL. Tel: 01476 581111.
Statutory Agencies and Government bodies +
- Herefordshire and the Wye Valley
Web site of The Association for the Promotion of Herefordshire. Features links to attractions, events and accommodation.